I am an associate professor of Computer Science at the Department of Industrial and Information Engineering and Economics, University of L’Aquila, and I have obtained the habilitation of full professor in November 2013.
My research interests cover areas of databases and artificial intelligence, such as spatio-temporal databases, geographical information systems, qualitative spatial reasoning, and geospatial ontologies.
I am an author of many publications in international journals and conferences on the above subjects: you are invited to follow my research in my ResearchGate page. You can also find information about my citation statistics in my Google scholar page. I’d also be pleased if you’d like to connect through my LinkedIn page.
Among my most representative projects, I participated in the Management Committee of COST Action TU0801 “Semantic enrichment of 3D city models for sustainable urban development” in 2008-2012 and I was the main research investigator in the European Space Agency (ESA) -funded project “Support to topology” in 2011-12.
I was the Program Chair of the 6th International Workshop on Semantic and Conceptual Issues in GIS (SeCoGIS 2012), in conjunction with ER 2012, Florence, Italy, October 15-18, 2012 and a Keynote Speaker at SAGEO 2012 (French Conference on GIS), Liege, Belgium, 8 - 10 Nov 2012.
In 2013, I was a program committee member of the following international conferences:
· Fifth International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems, Applications, and Services (GEOProcessing 2013), February 24 - March 1, 2013 - Nice, France.
· 28th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2013), special track on Information Access and Retrieval (IAR), March 18 – 22, 2013, Coimbra, Portugal.
· 1st International Workshop on Agricultural and Environmental Information and Decision Support Systems (AEIDSS 2013), June 24-27, 2013, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
· 24th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2013), August 26-29, 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
· Conference On Spatial Information Theory (COSIT 2013), Scarborough, UK, 2nd - 6th September 2013.
· 36th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI 2013), Koblenz, Germany, September 16-20, 2013.
· International Symposium & Exhibition on Geoinformation (ISG2013), 24-25 September 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· International Conference on Man-Machine Interactions (ICMMI 2013), October 22–25, 2013, The Beskids, Poland.
· 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2013), Orlando, Florida, USA, November 5-8 2013.
· 7th International Workshop on Semantic and Conceptual Issues in GIS (SeCoGIS 2013), Hong Kong, November 11-13, 2013.
· Indoor 3D, 11 – 13 December 2013, Cape Town, South Africa.
In 2014, I will take part in the PC of the following international conferences:
· Sixth International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems, Applications, and Services (GEOProcessing 2014), March 23 - 27, 2014 - Barcelona, Spain.
· 29th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2014), special track on Information Access and Retrieval (IAR), March 24 – 28, 2014, Gyeongju, Korea.
· 2nd International Workshop on Agricultural and Environmental Information and Decision Support Systems (AEIDSS 2014), June 30-July 3, 2014, Guimaraes, Portugal.
· Eighth International Conference on Geographic Information Science (GIScience 2014), September 23-26, 2014, Vienna, Austria.
Regarding teaching, students must refer to the e-learning site of the University of L’Aquila.
Prof. Eliseo Clementini
Department of Industrial and Information Engineering and Economics
University of L’Aquila
Via G. Gronchi 18, 67100 L’Aquila, Italy
Mobile: +39 3204232407